Use the Cloud Analytics Migration Checklist to prepare and guide your migration of data and analytics to the cloud.
In this checklist, we expand on the following technical and non-technical factors that should be considered as you determine your unique cloud migration strategy.
- Know your business goals – How does cloud fit into your BI strategy?
- Know your budget – Initial investment, OPEX/CAPEX approval, and more.
- Assess your current analytics solution – What’s already in the cloud, what’s on premise, etc.
- Plan your cloud environment – What parts will be in the cloud?
- Define affected departments – Who’s driving the effort, who will use it, etc.
- Review your data – Quantity, sources, and data types.
- Consider security and privacy – Unique requirements, backup strategies, and more.
- Plan the migration path – Cloud migrations are more successful with a plan.