Use the Cloud Analytics Migration checklist to help guide and prepare you for migrating your analytics systems to the cloud.
In this checklist, we expand on the following technical and non-technical factors that should be considered as you determine your unique cloud migration strategy.
- Know your business goals – How does cloud fit into your BI strategy?
- Know your budget – Initial investment, OPEX/CAPEX approval, and more.
- Assess your current analytics solution – What’s already in the cloud, what’s on premise, etc.
- Plan your cloud environment – What parts will be in the cloud?
- Define affected departments – Who’s driving the effort, who will use it, etc.
- Review your data – Quantity, sources, and data types.
- Consider security and privacy – Unique requirements, backup strategies, and more.
- Plan the migration path – Cloud migrations are more successful with a plan.